|Working Groups||Working group 1 - Strategic Planning and Investments|
Overall goal of Working Group 1 is to increase quality of transposition and implementation activities within beneficiary countries. Particular emphasis will be placed on improved transposition of EU environmental legal requirements and set up of institutional structures more capable for implementation and enforcement of the transposed EU laws.
Working Group 1 links together five areas of activity that provide support to the overall process of approximation:
- Planning of the approximation process (Activity 1.1)
- Preparation of legislation (Activity 1.5 and 1.4)
- Implementation of legislation (Activity 1.2, 1.5 and 1.4)
- Investment planning (Activity 1.3 and 1.2)
- Transparency and involvement of the public (Activity 1.4)
This working group is divided into two sub-groups.
Investment Planning Sub-Group with the aim of development, maintenance and update of the list of investment projects in the region in order to provide a clear picture of the investment needs in the region to the various IFIs, bilateral donors, etc.
Regional Institutional Support Platform (RISP) Sub-Group with the aim of provision of support to beneficiaries in setting-up their institutional structures for implementation and enforcement of environmental legislation.